3M Aluminum Foil Tape 425
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425 combines a 3 mil nominal dead soft aluminum foil backing with a transparent acrylic adhesive.
- Flame resistant. Meets U.L. 746C (File E 122798) and 723, Class “L” low flammability rating (File R 7311).
- 3M aluminum foil tape 425 can be certified to meet L-T-80C.
- Meets requirements of FAR 25.853(a).
- The very low moisture vapor transmission rate makes these tapes a good sealant.
- The acrylic adhesive, combined with the durable aluminum backing, offers ideal properties for long serviceable life in and outdoors.
- Good candidate as a maskant in electroplating of aluminum because it will not contaminate the bath.
- Aluminum backing provides excellent reflection of both heat and light.
- Best results obtained when applied to a clean, dry surface above 32°F (0°C).